Off We Go

Hey everyone, hope you're all well. I have a super quick blogpost for you today, about a layout using my Like For Ever 'Smitten' kit, which consists of Crate Paper's 'Hello Love' and WRMK's 'Crush' collections.


I wanted to challenge myself a little in a layout by using multiple photos and some red.

Red is not usually a colour I go for, as I find it too bold to work with. But I adore this red paper with the tiny hearts from Crate Paper, so I thought I would give it a go.


A black and white combo was the obvious choice to put together with the red, so I used my ahhh-mazing compass cutter to cut out some of the black and white papers from the kit. 

I didn't give much thought to the size of the circles, just cut out what I size I fancied in the moment!


Unless you're some sort of scrapping wizard like Wilna Furstenberg, I find that red and pink just clash too much for me. But this WRMK dogstooth (or houndstooth, I'm not sure?!) paper worked as the perfect touch to balance the bigger red circle on the other side.


I fussy-cut the 'shine' title from this Kaisercraft paper, and I made a fishtail banner from a scrap piece of white cardstock to use as a break between the two photos.


I love stamping, and I'm starting to get a little braver and using them on 12x12 layouts. I used my Clearly Kelly Outline stamp, just with some black ink and followed the curve of the circle.


These American Crafts rub-ons are phenomenal. They're such a beautifully-toned gold and were so easy to use. This was my first experience using rub-ons and I think I'm a little bit in love with them now, although I did 'fudge' up a few times but hey-ho!

I now have my eye out on the rub-ons from the new Amy Tangerine 'Better Together' line, and I can't find them anywhere in the UK, *sad face*. So if anyone knows where I can get some, please let me know!


This was a super speedy layout, it really didn't take me long to make at all, just the duration of one episode of Pokémon... Don't judge, it's Netflix's fault for suggesting it to me!

Thanks for reading,
- Elsie


No comments :

Post a Comment

LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW!

Back to top
Copyright © 2017 Elsie Robinson
Designs: FlyBird's Box.