Wildflower

"Like wildflowers; 
you must allow 
yourself to grow
in all the places
people thought
you never would"


Ever since I was little, I've loved stories. Whether they be on the page, screen or those in my imagination, I think that might be one of the main reasons I'm so drawn to scrapping.

One of my favourites growing up was The Secret Garden. Whenever we went on family walks I always imagined I would stumble upon an old, rusty key which would unlock a hidden door to a piece of the forest which no one else had ever stumbled upon.

Cool outfit, Elsie...
It's that sense of the possibility of magic which children so wonderfully possess which inspired this layout.

An idea to stitch some dandelions was really nagging on my mind, and refused to be quieted until I put needle and thread to paper.


Trying to draw a design that was not too detailed or cartoonish was the biggest challenge in this layout. I had keep to reminding myself that I wasn't stitching on fabric so I wouldn't be able to stitch in a lot of detail like I really wanted to.


I think the dandelions turned out okay... I'm not entirely convinced by it. But I'm pleased I tried and got something on the paper, I think that's the most important thing. I can always scraplift this at some point again and try things a little differently.


Thank you Heidi Swapp for this 'Market Bouquet' paper from the Wanderlust collection... I'm so in very in love!



Also, can we all just take a moment to celebrate the fact that there is purple in this paper? This might be a more controversial point of mine... But I need more purple in scrapbook collections, please! Help a girl out here...!





The door I cut apart from the WRMK Love Notes 12x12 paper pad, and the butterflies are fussy-cut from the 'Butterfly Garden' paper from the WRMK Wildflower collection.




Love,
- Elsie


3 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Elsie ;) I love this layout and all your layouts and videos. I had to buy both the floral and door paper because of you ;) Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW!

Back to top
Copyright © 2017 Elsie Robinson
Designs: FlyBird's Box.